OUR PARISH VISION
"An inclusive, welcoming and dynamic faith-filled Catholic Community, living and sharing the Gospel, to set the world ablaze."
- Statement of Commitment by Fr Richard Rosse PP
- Parish Policy on Safeguarding Children and Young People
Tuesday 20th July 2021
My dear people,
It was disappointing to hear from the Premier of Victoria that the lockdown will be extended for another 7 days!
This means that all Masses are cancelled until the end of the day on Tuesday 27th July 2021.
We will continue the livestreaming of Masses on a daily basis at the following times on our YouTube channel:
Wednesday 21st July 2021: 9:30 am,
Thursday 22nd July 2021: 9:30 am,
Friday 23rd July 2021: 9:30 am,
Saturday 24th July 2021: 9:30 am,
Sunday 25th July 2021: 9:00 am,
Monday 26th July 2021: 9:30 am, and
Tuesday 27th July 2021: 9:30 am.
As usual, Masses can be watched at any time after that.
While this extension is disheartening to all in the community, now, more than ever, it is important to stay in touch with one another through any means possible. To help with this, the parish team is organising a “Parish Get-Together” night via Zoom this Friday starting at 7:30pm. We will start with praying the rosary followed by virtual drinks of your choice. We hope this will enable a bit of fun in the midst of all this isolation. The link is
Meeting ID: 970 4505 0812
We continue turning to our patron saint and we ask for her intercession.
St Catherine of Siena, Pray for us.
Yours sincerely in Christ,
Fr Richard Rosse PP
LOCKDOWN: PLACES OF WORSHIP
The Victorian government as announced today, Tuesday 20 July, that Places of Worship will continue to be closed for another 7 days until 11:59pm on Tuesday 27 July.
On the Pastor's Desk
Fr Richard's Message:
17th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Yr B)
My dear people,
I hope you are managing through this latest lockdown and taking care of yourselves as we take hope that it will come to an end on Tuesday 27th July. This does mean that our church is closed and Mass can only be live-streamed until the end of the day on Tuesday. Kindly continue to keep an eye on our website and your email for any further developments after this date. We will announce as soon as we know what is allowed. [Read more]
- Watch Pope Francis' message below and click here for a copy of the English translation.pdf
- Celebrating Grandparents and the Elderly (25 July 2021) - Printable.pdf
Available Baptism Dates for 2021
Saturday: 1:00pm & 2:30pm
|July 9||August 7 & 28|
|August 13||September 4 & 25|
|September 10||October 2 & 30|
|October 8||November 6 & 27|
|November 12||December 4 & 18|
Please click here to go to Baptism Information page.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Two super exciting bible studies have just started in the parish.
1. JESUS: THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE is a 10 week course that runs fortnightly on Tuesdays at 7:45pm in the church meeting rooms. This course provides us with an opportunity to explore the life of Jesus in a deeper way through the Gospels and draws upon Jesus' fulfilment of the old testament in the hope that we can come to know him better and love him more. To register, please click here: https://www.trybooking.com/BSGNS
2. UNLOCKING THE MYSTERY OF THE BIBLE is an 8 week course that runs weekly on Thursdays at 7pm in the church meeting rooms. This course makes reading the bible approachable and simple as it follows the one story of salvation history. To register, please click here: https://www.trybooking.com/BSGMZ
These studies give you an opportunity to continue on your faith journey and the fellowship that have already begun. This journeys are not meant to be walked alone so come and share your life with others!
ABLAZE YOUTH GROUP
The Ablaze Youth meets every fortnight on Fridays at 7:00pm-8:30pm. The next session is on Friday, 30th of July via ZOOM.
It is open to all Year 7 to 12 students. And you are most welcome to bring along your friends.
For further enquiries, please contact email@example.com
Click here to download poster: /files/docs/2021_ABLAZE_YG_POSTER_.pdf
The Parish Playgroup meets every fortnight on Thursdays at 10am. The next meeting is on Thursday 5 August in Christ the Priest School Hall. It's open to all preschool aged children and their carers. If you are interested, please take one of the little contact cards from the posters in the church's gathering space and get in touch with Natasha.
Motus Christi is an invitation for us to experience Christ’s movement within us, to manifest this pesonal encounter with God in our daily life, to believe and hope in our Heavenly Father and to be inspired and guided by the Holy Spirit.
It is organised and conducted thru the initiative of the Idente Missionaries (Institute Id of Christ the Redeemer), a Catholic congregation whose charism is holiness. This was founded by Fernando Rielo in Tenerife, Spain.
Motus Christi is a call to everyone – to people of all backgrounds, ages and varying stages of faith.
Through an emphasis on the sacraments of the Holy Eucharist, Reconciliation, prayer and daily reading of the New Testament, participants are motivated to undergo a radical change and transformation towards a life of holiness.
Teachings on subjects like The Lord’s Prayer and the Beatitudes have moved the participants into deeper reflection.
It is conducted online via Google Meet every fortnight on Wednesday at 7:30pm.
Click here for program poster: /files/docs/Motus_Christi2.pdf
St Mary MacKillop Commemorative Prayer Card
THE Sisters of St Joseph have created a commemorative prayer card and is offering them for free to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the canonisation of Saint Mary MacKillop of the Cross. [Read more]
More on News & Events
- Australia's New Online Catholic Bookshop
- Fr Richard celebrates 10th Anniversary as a priest
- Vocations News - Summer 2021
Archbishop Peter A Comensoli:
- Archbishop's Letter for Pentecost
- 2nd Patrick Oration: Click on this link
- Read: Statement re Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Bill 2020
- 6th Sunday in Ordinary Time(B), 14 February 2021
- Feast of the Holy Family, 27 December 2020
- The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas), 25 December 2020
- 4th Sunday of Advent, 20 December 2020